- Il topic è vuoto.
6 Dicembre 2020 alle 10:58 #26621Ryan WenkeOspite
The Making of the Atomic Bomb
by Richard Rhodes
- Author: Richard Rhodes
- Release date: August 1, 1995
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster
- ISBN: 9780684813783 (0684813785)
- Format: paperback, 886 pages
- Characters: J. Robert Oppenheimer, Leslie Groves
- Language: english
- Awards: Pulitzer Prize for General Nonfiction (1988), National Book Award for Nonfiction (1987), National Book Critics Circle Award for General Nonfiction (1987)
- Genres: history, science, physics, war, politics
About The Book
Here for the first time, in rich, human, political, and scientific detail, is the complete story of how the bomb was developed, from the turn-of-the-century discovery of the vast energy locked inside the atom to the dropping of the first bombs on Japan.
Few great discoveries have evolved so swiftly — or have been so misunderstood. From the theoretical discussions of nuclear energy to the bright glare of Trinity there was a span of hardly more than twenty-five years. What began as merely an interesting speculative problem in physics grew into the Manhattan Project, and then into the Bomb with frightening rapidity, while scientists known only to their peers — Szilard, Teller, Oppenheimer, Bohr, Meitner, Fermi, Lawrence, and yon Neumann — stepped from their ivory towers into the limelight.
Richard Rhodes takes us on that journey step by step, minute by minute, and gives us the definitive story of man’s most awesome discovery and invention.
MOBI ebook The Making of the Atomic Bomb Richard Rhodes download for reader on Booktopia. Hardcover The Making of the Atomic Bomb read online. FictionBook book The Making of the Atomic Bomb Kindle on Books-a-Million. EPUB book The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes buy cheap. TXT ebook The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes read.