- Il topic è vuoto.
9 Novembre 2020 alle 0:33 #23086Anthony WebbOspite
The Shepherd’s Life
A People’s History of the Lake District
by James Rebanks
- Awards: The Royal Society of Literature Ondaatje Prize Nominee (2016), Waterstones Book of the Year Nominee (2015), The Wainwright Prize for UK Nature Writing Nominee for Shortlist (2016)
- ISBN: 9780385682848 (0385682840)
- Language: english
- Format: hardcover, 256 pages
- Author: James Rebanks
- Publisher: Doubleday Canada
- Release date: April 7, 2015
- Genres: memoir, biography, nature, history, animals, travel, autobiography
About The Book
Some people’s lives are entirely their own creations. James Rebanks’ isn’t. The first son of a shepherd, who was the first son of a shepherd himself, he and his family have lived and worked in and around the Lake District for generations. Their way of life is ordered by the seasons and the work they demand, and has been for hundreds of years. A Viking would understand the work they do: sending the sheep to the fells in the summer and making the hay; the autumn fairs where the flocks are replenished; the gruelling toil of winter when the sheep must be kept alive, and the light-headedness that comes with spring, as the lambs are born and the sheep get ready to return to the fells.
Hardcover ebook The Shepherd’s Life James Rebanks read Mac on Booktopia. MP3 book The Shepherd’s Life buy cheap. PDF The Shepherd’s Life by James Rebanks download. MOBI book The Shepherd’s Life for PC on IndieBound. Online ebook The Shepherd’s Life by James Rebanks read online.
Hardback The Shepherd’s Life download on iPad on Audible. Paperback The Shepherd’s Life buy on Kindle. EPUB book The Shepherd’s Life James Rebanks on Walmart. TXT ebook The Shepherd’s Life buy reader on Books-a-Million. FictionBook The Shepherd’s Life James Rebanks read online.