- Il topic è vuoto.
14 Dicembre 2020 alle 12:43 #28527Brenda DublinOspite
A Genetic Biography of America
by Bryan Sykes
- ISBN: 9780393078046 (0393078043)
- Release date: September 1, 2011
- Genres: science, genetics, history, biology, anthropology, travel, evolution, memoir
- Language: english
- Publisher: W. W. Norton Company
- Author: Bryan Sykes
- Format: hardcover, 320 pages
About The Book
The best-selling author of The Seven Daughters of Eve now turns his sights on the United States, one of the most genetically variegated countries in the world. From the blue-blooded pockets of old-WASP New England to the vast tribal lands of the Navajo, Bryan Sykes takes us on a historical genetic tour, interviewing genealogists, geneticists, anthropologists, and everyday Americans with compelling ancestral stories. His findings suggest:
• Of Americans whose ancestors came as slaves, virtually all have some European DNA.
• Racial intermixing appears least common among descendants of early New England colonists.
• There is clear evidence of Jewish genes among descendants of southwestern Spanish Catholics.
• Among white Americans, evidence of African DNA is most common in the South.
• European genes appeared among Native Americans as early as ten thousand years ago.
An unprecedented look into America’s genetic mosaic and an impressive contribution to how we perceive race, this is a fascinating book about what it means to be American.
Hardback book DNA USA read Android on Walmart. FictionBook DNA USA Bryan Sykes buy. MOBI ebook DNA USA by Bryan Sykes download. Online book DNA USA for PocketBook on IndieBound.